Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bag of Beans misfortune

I've been longing to visit Bag of Beans in Tagaytay because of its many good reviews in the net. According to numerous people who've tried their food , their cheesecake is to die for. No trip in Tagaytay would be complete without sampling their menu. I wonder if this is all true?

Day 1 of 2011, my trip to Tagaytay included Bag of Beans in the itinerary. Wasted no time and immediately headed towards the cafe as soon as we arrived in Tagaytay. Loved the place. The garden setting is very romantic and they have individual cottages with comfortable chairs if you want a little privacy.Though on weekends you have to order a minimum of P 1,000 to sit in this cozy cottage otherwise you may use the tables outside .
Upon entering the restaurant/cafe , the smell of freshly baked goodies will welcome you. Yummy. So i ordered sticky buns which i really liked because it's not too sweet and there's a generous amount of nut toppings. Perfect for my bottomless freshly brewed barako coffee.

Sticky Buns P 55 each
Bottomless freshly brewed Barako coffee P 105 each.

While enjoying the cool breeze of Tagaytay, romantic garden setting with my great tasting coffee ,something kinda hard touches my lips.
Shrimp in my coffee????!!!! wtf! I called the attention of the supervisor and he said " Mam it may have fallen from the tree " Whaaaaaaattttt? What kind of rationale is that? How can a shrimp fall from a tree? Then supervisor seemed to think of another alibi and said " Mam sorry i guess the kitchen today is too busy."   Too busy to notice that a shrimp has just decided to swim in my coffee???  What a lame excuse. The supervisor apologized but what can i do? I was just thankful that it wasn't a fly or a cockroach or else i would've really made a scene.

I guess it's just one of my not so lucky days.

Anyhow, they didn't include my coffee in the bill anymore to show their apology. And, i would still recommend Bag of Beans as one of the must go to resto in Tagaytay. I am hoping this would serve a lesson for them to be more careful in the kitchen specially during peak days .

Location of Bag of Beans: just a few meters away from the Mendez Junction.

If you wish to contact them:

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment